Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little Things Are Big Things

This is a big thing. I got into the show It’s All About the Little Things at the Del Ray Artisans Gallery. Strange to say but I didn't actually know if I got in or not until I showed up at the opening. I had suspected at least one piece would get in (as a member you’re almost guaranteed at least one), but all three? Yep.

There they were in the corner, looking pretty cool actually. Well, at least I thought so. A few other artists approached me with nice comments on my work so they must have thought they looked alright, too. Of course then I wanted to know all about their work, their process, their inspiration. I was immediately reminded of how wonderful it is to talk to other artists! I stayed until nearly the end. Maybe I didn't want it to end.

That goofy smile was on my face until my head hit the pillow.... my work got into a gallery!


Written Drawing Translation I | Etching | Fall 2011

Eucalyptus Leaves | Soft Ground Texture Print | Fall 2011

Five Square Drawing Two | Graphite | Spring 2011

1 comment: